The route of The Marsden March
The 14-mile walk starts at The Royal Marsden’s hospital in Chelsea and finishes at the hospital in Sutton. The 5-mile walk starts in King George’s Playing Fields and follows the last five miles of the route.
From The Royal Marsden in Chelsea, the walk proceeds along Fulham Road and down to Putney High Street. From here it heads to Wimbledon Common, then on to Raynes Park station and down to King George's Playing Fields. After crossing Nonsuch Park it carries on to Cheam and Belmont before finally arriving for a party at The Royal Marsden's hospital in Sutton.
The exact route will be available on the day.
If your supporters want to cheer you along the walk, there are four areas where they can wait: Wimbledon Common, near the windmill; King George’s Playing Fields; Nonsuch Park, at Nonsuch Mansion; and the finishing line at The Royal Marsden's hospital in Sutton.
Pubs and cafés
These pubs (red markers) and cafés (blue markers) along the route and near key train stations all welcome Marsden March walkers who want to pop in for a drink or to use the toilets.
View Marsden March pubs and cafes in a larger map
- Starbucks (multiple branches)
- The Crown Public House, Dovehouse Street, Chelsea
- The Durell Arms, Fulham Road, Fulham
- The Green Man, Wildcroft Road, Putney
- Fox and Grapes, Camp Road, Wimbledon Common
- The Crooked Billet, Woodhayes Road, Wimbledon Common
- The Morden Brook, Lower Morden Lane, Morden
- Lord Nelson, London Road, Sutton
- The Harrow Inn, High Street, Cheam
- The Railway Pub, Station Way, Cheam
- The Belmont, Brighton Road, Belmont
- O’Neill’s, High Street, Sutton