Fundraise with JustGiving
Did you know the easiest way to raise money is by setting up an online fundraising page? Then you can let your friends and family know how they can support you.
Make it personal
The more personal you make your fundraising page the better. Here's a few top tips to get you started.
- Set a fundraising target - did you know something as simple as setting a target on your page could lead to a 45% increase in the amount you raise?
- Tell your story - let your supporters know why you're taking part and how their support will make a real difference to the lives of people affected by cancer.
- Add a profile picture - grab your camera and strike a pose! Having a profile picture on your page could help boost your sponsorship by a whole 23%.
Spread the word
Tell everyone what you’re doing! The more people you tell, the more you'll raise and the more lives you'll make a real difference to.
- Share your page - once your page is up and running, shout it from the rooftops! Share your page on Twitter and Facebook and email it to all your friends, family and colleagues. Remember to tell people why you're taking part.
- Update your supporters - announce that you're taking part, tell them how you're prepping for the walk, share on-the-day updates, pictures from the post-march celebrations and don't forget to thank them for their support!
- Say it with cake - sweet treats are always guaranteed to grab peoples' attention! You could hold a cake sale to let people know about the march and raise funds this way too. Sarah, from Instagram account @thehopefulkitchenuk has shared with us some of her favourite recipes.
Where your money goes
The money you raise will go towards the latest in cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and care.
From funding trials into radiotherapy technology to training experts in how to use state-of-the-art equipment, you help make it happen.
How to pay in your fundraising
Please make sure that you’ve collected and handed in all your fundraising money by 10 June 2019.
If you would like to pay in your fundraising money over the phone please give the team a call on 020 8770 0279.
If you'd like to send your money in by post, please make cheques payable to The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and send them to:
The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
Surrey SM2 5PT
Make sure you include your name and if applicable your team name so we can link it to your fundraising. And, please don't forget to send us your sponsorship forms so we can claim Gift Aid on behalf of your sponsors.
If you've raised all your funds through JustGiving then don’t worry all the money has already come directly to us.
If you'd like to bring the money to us in person, at either The Royal Marsden in Chelsea or Sutton, please email the team and we'll let you know the best way to do this.