Join Team Marsden in 2024 to take on a fantastic challenge in support of pioneering cancer research.
You'll spend three days as a team in the spectacular adventure playground of the Lake District National Park.
Test yourself on the 12km off-road cycle through Grizedale forest, then trek 803 meters above sea-level to Old Man of Coniston, before kayaking 1km across the beautiful Coniston Water.
Taking place on 21 – 23 June 2024, The Lake District Triple Challenge has been organised especially for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity by our amazing partners at Charity Challenge.
Find out more information and sign up.
On this page:
This fantastic Lake District adventure begins with the tough bike section up the hill and into Grizedale Forest – one of the area’s most famous mountain biking locations. You can guarantee you will be well tested on the forest tracks before descending back to Coniston.
Next up is the trek to the summit of the Old Man of Coniston, a classic Lake District Mountain, where you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of Cumbria. The final section sees you challenge yourself to a circular kayak loop on Coniston Water before you finish this incredible challenge and celebrate your achievements!
Taking on the Challenge as a Team
On the day, you will be taking part alongside fellow Team Marsden supporters. Together we will take on the challenge, enjoy camaraderie and incredible views, and raise vital funds for groundbreaking cancer research.
Whether you are signing up by yourself or as part of a team, you will be alongside like-minded adventurers and supporters of The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.
The registration fee is £85. Then there are two fundraising options you can choose from:
- by choosing minimum sponsorship, you pledge to raise a minimum of £580
- if you choose to self-fund the trip, you will pay the balance of £285 to Charity Challenge
You will have a dedicated member of The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity team on hand to help you with advice and tips on fundraising. We will be there for you every step of the way and will send you a fundraising pack to help you get started!
3. Get ready
Our partners at Charity Challenge will provide everything you need to help get you ready, including discounts for any new gear you might need to purchase.
4. The Big Day
Finally – join us on 21 June 2024 for this amazing Peak, Pedal, Paddle adventure!
Ready to take on the challenge?
Sign up for your place on The Lake District Triple Challenge today, adventure awaits!
What's included when I join Team Marsden?
- Your very own Royal Marsden Cancer Charity t-shirt to wear on the day.
- Accommodation during the challenge, as well as breakfast before the challenge.
- ALL equipment hire (including bikes, helmets, kayaks and life jackets), fully qualified leaders and instructors and first-aid supplies.
- A 12.5% discount at Cotswold Outdoor, Snow and Rock and Runners Need.
- Support and fundraising advice from a dedicated member of staff at The Royal Marsden.
- On the day you will receive a well-deserved medal to celebrate your achievement.
On challenge day, your safety and enjoyment is our priority
- Fully qualified Charity Challenge leaders to support and guide you through the trek.
- Safety checkpoints along the whole route, including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies.
- Packed lunch, snacks, drinks and water.
Still got Questions? Find out more on Charity Challenge's website.