Younger supporters have helped us to build The Oak Centre for Children and Young People, which provides a comfy, home environment in the heart of our hospital. If you want to help make things better for everyone affected by cancer then organising an event – big or small – at your school is a perfect place to start.
The children really enjoyed working as a team and achieving something great together
So what sort of things could you do?
- an art competition – paint pictures and get the teachers to judge the best
- a disco – collect an entry fee and set up a raffle with prizes on the night
- sports tournament – take on the teachers at footie or netball
- X Factor talent show – sing or rap your heart out for a great cause
- My Marsden March – a sponsored walk wherever you like
Help is at hand
We have lots of useful guides for schools to get going with fundraising: including ideas and step-by-step advice on running an event at your school. Just contact us for your free fundraising pack and posters. We can also send you t-shirts, stickers, banners and sponsorship forms to support your event.