Organise your own My Marsden March event at a time and a place to suit you, your friends and family. Take a stroll across beautiful countryside, stunning cities or scenic beaches – the choice is yours.
All the money you raise will go to The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity to help us build a future beyond cancer. We will support you all the way with advice from our fundraising team and official My Marsden March materials, including t-shirts, sponsorship forms and posters.
Here are a few steps to think about when organising your event:
1. Establish a distance and route you want to walk that’s safe and achievable but also challenging.
2. Set a date, and then ask friends, family, colleagues and the local community to join in and commit to getting sponsorship.
3. Register your team’s event with us and we will send you all the supporting materials you will need. Certain regulations depend on the number of people involved, so please contact us for more details.
4. Create a JustGiving page to collect your sponsorship money. You may want to set a fundraising target.
5. Remember to promote your event as much as possible – people can’t support you if they don’t know what you’re doing!
6. Start training for your event.
7. After you’ve completed your walk, please tell us how it went, send us some pictures and let us know if you would recommend your route to other walkers.